Thursday, December 2, 2010

News at last! (is there anyone out there reading it??)



Hi!
Well, I'm still alive and well and feeling very, very guilty because I haven't tried to contact you before. I promise I haven't forgotten you, especially as I see my lovely elephant every day on my mantlepiece.
Really, I promise you, I've been very busy. The day before I left Sri Lanka I got an email from Aberystwyth University, saying they might have work for me. I had hardly arrived when I found myself teaching a foundation (pre-degree)course to three advanced students. I'm only teaching three days a week, but there's no text book, so I have to create all my own materials, and gear it towards academic study skills. Luckily I was able to make use of "An Inconvenient Truth"
I've just tried to add two photos of my house. I'm not sure if it's worked. If it has, you should see a view of the house from the beach and also the view from my window. You will see how close I am to the sea, which I really love. It's a little alarming though, especially given rising sea levels etc. etc. There are plans to build new sea defences, but as yet no work has started.
Well the weather here at the moment is literally FREEZING. Most of the UK has had snow, but we've only had a sprinkling. It's all very different from Sri Lanka!
Anyway, here's hoping someone out there will read this and respond!
I miss you all!
Liz

3 comments:

  1. Oh great Liz! Lovely place...View from your window is simply beautiful. Having said that it's nice to hear from you after a long time. As you have been busy lately I hope you are having a good breather now. I don't think people in Sri Lanka can live so close to the sea. after the Tsunami disaster people are afraid to live close even if they could. Hoping your are having a great season, specially when it is Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry for the delay to respond. Even though I saw your nice post on EB in early December, I couldn't find some time to add a comment as I've been so busy recently. So, as you I too feel guilty now.

    Anyway, it's very happy to hear from you. In our at BC Colombo, you told us that you lived very close to the sea, but I've never expected such closeness. You are very lucky to have such a breathtaking view from your bedroom window and to have a lovely beach in your doorstep; altogether I think living in this lovely place would be a fascinating experience for anyone.

    Owing all the great memories of our class, I wish you a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz! First of all I'm very sorry for not replying. I was busy with my studies and had exams in January. That's why I couldn't reply to you.
    Your house is just lovely. I love the view from your window. I'm sure you must be having a great time there.
    Missing you a lot..

    ReplyDelete